Karunashray Samajik Seva Kendra
Major Program Sectors
Our organization works in the following areas of work.
- Community empowerment with special focus on women (organizing poorest people and generating people’s self-reliance action for people-centered development and advocacy).
- Economic enhancement through sustainable livelihood promotion.
- Community health promotion.
- Integrated child development and education.
- Establishing good-governance through activation and strengthening of local self-governance system.
Karunashray Samajik Seva Kendra adopts the following approaches in its program Implementation:
- Community participation in program planning, implementation and routine monitoring.
- Special focuses on women, children and physically challenged from poor communities, since they are the most marginalized.
- Institutional development of CBOs and to carry out the activities through them and gradually prepare them for the sustainability to intervention.
- Mobilizing and creating People’ Fund for enhancing the accessibility of target community on micro-credit facilities for self-help (immediate poverty needs) and livelihood creation.
- Creation of alternate livelihood opportunities for preventing the migration of target community.
- Establishing good governance by promoting participation of target community in local self-governance system (i.e. leadership development in target community).